1. E-commerce keyword research
The first and foremost step that you should never miss out on in an e-commerce SEO campaign is keyword research. If you do not get this portion done thoroughly, it can lead to:
- Targeting the wrong keywords that too difficult to get a rank on Google’s page one
- Pick those keywords that do not drive too much traffic or pushes customers to buy
2. E-commerce site architecture
The e-commerce site architecture is basically the structure of your site. In simple words, it is about how you organize the category pages, navigation, and product pages.
For creating a better e-commerce site, your goal should be to provide the users with the best and relevant content with the least possible clicks.
3. On-page SEO strategy for e-commerce sites
If you have to make sure your keywords are placed rightly, you need the help of on-page SEO. Through on-page SEO, you inform Google what your online site is all about. It is through on-page SEO that you can appear on SERP or Search Engine Results Page.
4. Local SEO for e-commerce retailers
If you want more local traffic or have a physical store with the same brand name, you can boost it with local SEO. For this, you have to:
- Create Google My Business profile
- Build local citations
- Get local links